When it Hurts to Look Back, and You're Scared to Look Ahead, You Can Look Beside You and Your Best Friend Will Be There

Friends really are hugs for the heart.

I don't know what I'd do without this one.



Though we haven't known each other the longest, and right now we are oceans apart from each other, this girl has been there for me through thick and thin.

I'd like to think I've done the same for her.

We first met one morning 6 years ago, when she came in through the classroom door in a long, long, loo-oooong (yes V, you were a geek!) grey skirt. Baggy school jumper, hair plaited, glasses-wearing and carrying a lacrosse stick.
And since that day, we became the best of friends.
We're not all that similar. (apart from our taste in guys.. 'Why is the rum gone?') V's a veg. I am most definitely not.
She loved geography, I hated it.
She calls three different continents home. I.. don't.
She has a beautiful complexion - I just get lots of spots. Sigh.
She is obsessed with hummus, I hate the stuff.
She's very culturally aware, and (I reckon) patriotic - and I..... well. Lets just say much work needs to be done. 

Though she moved to India 3 years ago, and went to America last year for university, we've still managed to stay incredibly close all this time. Like the picture says, she's basically my sister

We've laughed together, cried together, laughed until we've cried together - I don't know who I would be now if I hadn't met her.
In some ways, she has made me the person I am today, and I'm so thankful that when I've needed someone to lean on, she's been there.

Despite our many differences, we go together like cheese on bread. I have had so many incredible times with V: rooming together on the Wales trip; our many outings to Oxford Street & Bond Street (waffles!); swimming in Lake Konstanz in Deustchland; pretending to be 18 so we'd get served alcohol; finally being 18 and getting wonderfully, wonderfully drunk; "Mama told me, don't be talking to a stranger"; Kookai writing!; cupcake times in the snow; BART SIMPSON; that one picture - PITS!; that other one picture - penis!; SLAM (or was it SPEED?); lessons with Lauret; fantasizing about our own Mr Darcy in English lessons; Brighton times; her surprise party and making her scrapbook; Thorpe Park (boobies!); dressing up as giant life-sized playing cards (then selling our costumes for 10p towards charity to some random kid because V made me!); sleepovers at each others houses; getting in late and having food at 2am in her kitchen... the list is endless.

I miss those times, but I'm excited that for the next five years at least, we'll get a chance to make some more memories that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

And we'll finally get a chance to complete (and add to) "The List". After 4 years! 

I love you so much V.

It's not fair that you've had to go through so much: you're one of the kindest and nicest people I know.

I want you to know I'm always there for you, no matter what.

You're one in a million, always remember that.
Don't let anyone tell you different.


Love, your sister

image signature

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog...