Keep that breathless charm..

Recently I've been listening to a lot of Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra, Norah Jones & the likes. Soft, crooning tones, with swing rhythms and soulful lyrics. I think slow jazz brings out the hopeless romantic in me. Sigh.

When I listen to those songs, I can literally picture myself in a beautiful long scarlet flowy dress, with the material plunging down to the small of my back (like the one Keira Knightley wears in the Coco Chanel advert), dancing in a magnificent ballroom, with a man in an elegant black suit holding me close in his arms, as we sway to Frank Sinatra's 'The Way You Look Tonight'. And in my mind it looks beautiful, and incredibly romantic.

But WHERE can you find all this nowadays? Gone are the days of balls, held for woman 'coming out' in society. Gone are the days of ballroom dancing and waltzing. Gone too is the incredible sense of fashion ladies and gentlemen once had. Now, "less is best". The more flesh revealed, the better the outfit. Even if there isn't much of an outfit anymore. If clothing continues to get skimpier and skimpier, eventually, we'll all end up permanently naked, like in a nudist village.

Enough of my ramblings: I just wish I had the chance to do something like that: to waltz with the man I love in a beautiful dress and romantic surroundings. Oh and some amazing heels. And stunning jewellry! And a hairstyle to die for! I've always wanted to do an intricate and ornate "up-do" with my hair, like Diane Kruger often does at movie premieres. Although more Leighton Meester style. But my ears are too big - or at least thats what I think anyway. And again - rambling. I'll stop now. But here's some wonderful songs which I love and bring out the inner hopeless romantic in me..


My Top 5 "Romantic" songs:

1. The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra
2. L O V E - Nat King Cole
(also the one on the Coco Chanel advert with KK. Although that was a version by Joss Stone.)
3. Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
4. Lost - Michael Buble
5. Fly Me to the Moon - Frank Sinatra

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog...