For Your Entertainment.

So today, I was asked by one of my friends for a "revision playlist". Seeing as I am somewhat of an expert in the field of music *cough cough*, I can totally (totes) understand why she would want to ask for my invaluable advice!


I generally believe that instrumental music is the best music to revise to. The absence of lyrics means that you are less likely to be distracted from your work by thinking about the words. Instrumental music can be both uplifting and inspiring if you choose the correct type of music, however some songs which have lyrics can also be suitable if you choose them appropriately.


So here is a (carefully selected!) list I have compiled for those of you who want something to listen to, and perhaps motivate you to work!
Note: everyone is different in their musical tastes, and also in the music that inspires them and that just plain annoys them. So I apologise if these songs do not appeal to you, but I'm sure that at least a few in this list will!




  1. Enya - Only Time
  2. Enya - Adiemus
  3. Enya/Hans Zimmer - Now We Are Free (Gladiator Soundtrack)
  4. Coldplay - Life in Technicolour
  5. Lighthouse Family - High
  6. Ludovico Einaudi - Primavera
  7. Ludovico Einaudi - Divenire
  8. Ludovico Einaudi - Melodia Africana III
  9. Massive Attack - Teardrop
  10. Hans Zimmer - At World's End Medley
  11. Hans Zimmer - POTC Theme
  12. Adele - Daydreamer
  13. Pixie Lott - Use Somebody (Kings of Leon Acoustic Cover)
  14. The Fray - Cable Car
  15. John Mayer - Bigger than my Body
  16. John Mayer - Your Body is a Wonderland
  17. Regina Spektor - Eet
  18. Ocean City - Vanilla Twilight
  19. Ayo Awosika - Last to Love You
  20. Corrine Bailey Rae - Put Yout Records On
  21. Bitter:Sweet - The Mating Game
  22. Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata
  23. Boyce Avenue - Shadow of the Day (Linkin Park Cover)
  24. Emilie Mover - Ordinary Day
  25. Muse - Undisclosed Desires




That's all I can think of for now. Plus I'm really tired, and have an early morning start tomorrow, fun fun! Goodnight all :)


Disclaimer: all music in general can be distracting: theoretically you're dividing your attention between work and music, even though different areas of your brain are being stimulated.


Quote of the Day: I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.
-Agatha Christie

image signature

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog...