Hearts, Words & Other Forgotten Things - My Muse.

I'm cold.

I'm freezing FREEZING cold.
Wearing two layers and tights and still cold.
Should have brought my scarf, even though its almost summer.
Walking home through the dark, listening to 'OMG - Usher' on replay (seriously can't get that song out of my head. It's so good!) and I'm hoping that the white van passing me on the other side of the road is going to do just that - pass, and not stop to roll a window down while a fat perv leers at me.
Yes. Quite.
I see the familiar sight of the mental hospital approaching me, and mentally relax. I'm almost home!!
Going up the lift of the building next to the mental hospital, I ponder on life: exams, revision, music and...and oh man, I need to do the washing up. I head to the kitchen, chucking my 59p milk in the fridge and get to work on washing my dishes. In the midst of washing up plates, bowls and also my tin-opener-which-my-flatmate-"borrowed"-without-washing-up (hate it when that happens. It was disgusting!), I suddenly get an epiphany! 

I believe thats what they call it anyway.

I've enjoyed writing my blog so far, I really really have, but somehow, I'd be stuck for things to write sometimes.

Then I realised - my one main passion in life is MUSIC.

So why on EARTH am I not writing about it!?

So from now on, my blog will be focused on the music that both inspires and uplifts me. Obviously I'll be talking about other things too, but the focus of this blog is music. Whatever mood, whatever genre, whether it be secular or non-secular, good or bad, classical or modern - I'll always have something to talk about regarding music!

So I think that it's only befitting to start off with the song/album that inspired my blog title: Hearts, Words & Other Forgotten Things. 
This is the title of an album by an incredibly talented young jazz singer, called Ayo Awosika. Although she's not exactly  mainstream, she has performed in places such as California,  New York and Colorado. I believe that this is her first album out, though don't quote me on that.
There are 6 tracks on this album, my favourite of which would have to be "Last to Love You". She has a deep, rich mellow voice and an incredibly unique tone, which leaves a lasting impression on you. This song I particularly like because it talks about such a painful issue, but the accompaniment of the acoustic guitar, piano and percussion makes this an uplifting and enjoyable song to relax and unwind to. This is the type of music I often put on in the background whilst I'm revising, or needing to relax after a long day. 

If you enjoy some light hearted "feel good" jazz, then she's definitely one for you to watch. I don't think I can compare her to any other artists, because she really is that unique.


Quote of the Day: "I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." 
-Marilyn Monroe

image signature

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog...